Dictionary.com is the leading English dictionary app for Android – with over 2,000,000 definitions and synonyms. The #1 dictionary app is useful for education, learning new vocabulary every day, advanced word lover and English student alike.
Easily find definitions and synonyms offline by installing the offline dictionary. You can access the offline dictionary anytime and anywhere – you don’t need an internet connection. Voice search and voice pronunciation require communication.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes more features than you might expect:
• Word of the Day – Expand your vocabulary and challenge yourself daily
• Audio pronunciation – increase confidence in the English language and not pronounce another word wrong
• Voice Search – Speak easily to look up a word without having to spell it out
• Articles – Explore hundreds of fun topics about language, grammar and words in the wild
• Slide Shows – Learn cool facts about the language
• Favorite words and search history – never forget the words you learn and save the words for future reference
• Etymology – discover interesting etymologies for even the strangest of words
• Local Searches – See which words are being searched near you or by location
• Spelling suggestions – Not sure how to spell a word? Spell checking in the app will help
• Advanced Learner’s Dictionary – special content for learners of English as a Second Language (ESL) and English as a Foreign Language (EFL) and learners of English
• Translator – Get translations in over 30 languages
Additional educational upgrades included in our Premium app:
• Colloquial Dictionary
• Idioms and Phrases
• Explanatory phrases
• Medical, scientific and rhyming dictionaries
- The new, streamlined design makes it easier to find and explore additional features.
- Get Dictionary.com definitions from any app or website: just press and hold the word you want to search and select “Define” from the list.
- Effortlessly manage your favorite words and access the terms you searched for recently