Beacon Pines, a “cute and creepy” storybook adventure that we covered earlier this month, has now exceeded its original Kickstarter goal of getting a release on Switch.
At the time of writing, the project has earned over $ 48,500 from backers, well above its $ 30,000 goal with ten days left. With a now locked version of Switch, the project is heading towards a number of route destinations – the fishing and cooking features have already been unlocked, and voice acting is the next destination.
If you need a quick summary, here is an official description and feature list:
Beacon Pines is a cute and scary adventure game set in a magical storybook. You play both as the reader of the book and as the main character Luka. Explore the world to find word spells. Use your charms to change the course of fate!
Normal is no longer what it used to be. Glowing trees, shady businesses that are running for your life and never know who to trust. Welcome to Beacon Pines!
– Explore an illustrated mountain town to collect word spells
– Use these words to change the story
– Use these words to make friends
– Use these words to weave the fabric of destiny yourself
– Open the magic book at any time to change your decisions
– Beautifully illustrated art by Ilse Harting
– Original soundtrack by award-winning musician Matt Meyer
The Kickstarter ends on March 5th. So if you want to learn more about the project and support it, go there and see it beforehand.
What do you think? Will you support this? Maybe one for the wish list in the future? Let us know in the comments.